Tuesday, January 28, 2014

[TV Series] Breaking Bad 2008-2013 #1

Well the actual series ended around September 2013 on AMC. At that time, I had no idea Breaking Bad even existed. Then when I moved to a new dorm back in Bintaro and I basically got nothing to do but sleep, eat, repeat.. I browsed some series on IMDb just to kill my time yet I found Breaking Bad sitting at the top of most rated tv series. I was very interested in watching it and I was this close buying their pirated all season DVDs on Blok-M. But I thought I just need to get home soon and turn on my wifi so I could download them all on piratebay... free of charge! ;)



Breaking Bad (2008-2013) 
IMDb Rating: 9.6/10 <---- I KNOW RIGHT!
Creator: Vince Gilligan
Writer: Chad Hayes, Carey Hayes
Starring: Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, RJ Mitte
Won 2 Golden Globe Awards including  
- Best Television Series - Drama and  
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama, Bryan Cranston

Walter White (Bryan Cranston) is a loving family man and a brilliant chemist who unfortunately lives in a not-so-equally-brilliant wealth. For a nobel prize honoured in crystallography chemistry, he only works as a high school chemistry teacher. Overqualified, indeed. But then bad luck doesn't stop right there, he was also diagnosed for stage 3 lung cancer. Having realised the fact that he's going to die soon and his salary as a chemistry teacher still can't manage to secure his family finance, he decides to cook crystal methamphetamine with his ex- student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), whom he met at a drug raid. Walter uses his skill as a scientist making purest (yet highly demanded) methamphetamine to ever existed in the drug market. Producing this meth, though has been extraordinary profitable, doesn't come out easy for Walt as his DEA agent brother-in-law, Hank Schrader (Norris), often interferes his business. He has to face a greater challenge, not only to keep away his identity as the most wanted, Heisenberg, from his DEA brother-in-law and his family, but also to develop better strategies against the cartel.

Review
Once I watched the first season, I couldn't stop it really. I kept eating the whole season then moved to next.. unstoppably. I strongly recommend you guys to watch it bcs it's overly addicting. Technically just like snorting a dash of meth (ok sorry this is too much). It doesn't look like it's gonna bore you anyway since... I know, first time you read the short synopsis you'll be like, ain't nobody got time to watch a helluva heavy hourly based series. Well, it's not gonna happen bcs Breaking Bad is fairly light-medium one plus the plot makes you wanna go and go watch the next eps without even realizing it.

Walt and Jesse making crystal blue meths.


Now when you finished watching all seasons you'll feel like a part of you had gone away, and you're left clueless abt what to do the next day. Just prepare to feel like an absolute shit at that day. But at the same time feeling so... I don't know how to express this but you'll moan to yourself that this has been a great ride watching Breaking Bad. You'll feel sad that this is over but yet happy because IT HAPPENS. It's just.... so gooooood you got to watch it asap. (sorry for being overly persuasive, can't hold it :p)

Smashed up crystal meth candy.
A little trivia, you're gonna want to make that crystal meth legally once you watch Breaking Bad. I mean I'm talking... crystal meth candy. Here's a blog from sugarhero.com to show you how to do it. It looks so yum, isn't it?

Lastly, final verdict: (since nothing in this world is perfect, so...) 9.8/10




No comments:

Post a Comment